Friday, March 25, 2011

To breathe or not to breathe?

Yesterday started ok. I struggled the last two nights with the allergies courtesy of the beautiful Spring. During the last 48 hours I've been able to breathe about 10. You don't even realize how important breathing really is until you can't do it *lol* Even my black boy Sammy (four legged furry child) has red eyes and runny nose. We are sharing giant amounts of Benadryl and we are very sad picture to see. Here is one of the culprits we have in the backyard. The flowers are gorgeous so I guess my misery is worth it at some level.

Last couple of nights I've been trying to get the right feel to my home in cyber space and had all kinds of fun with it. Finally after some trial and error I ended up with what you see here...fun colors and font that is a little funky--I'm not sure if it is a keeper just yet, but wanted to keep it "fun." My Sis suggested that I tone down the colors because it might be a bit easier to read and she is right. The funny thing is that she doesn't realize how much trouble I've encountered just by wanting to put some badges. I'm up for the challenge, let's see what tomorrow will bring but as of now, hoping to be able to breathe takes priority over choosing better colors for the page!

With my daughter's graduation around the corner I made the decision of not ordering the traditional graduation announcements, invitations and other paraphernalia because I find them so "boring" and impersonal. Instead, I ordered some high quality blank invitations and matching envelopes and will be making them myself. I already have three designs in mind and thought it would be fun to see which one you guys like best. I'll have the pictures of the prototypes here tonight.

I know some people would wonder WHYYYYY will you go through the trouble of making something when you can pre-order the cookie cutter version everyone gets. That's EXACTLY my point! We are NOT cookie cutter people and I wanted something that will stand out...plus it will be a blast to make them! Actually, there might just be ONE other reason.

Yesterday was one of those days filled with reminders of how things should NOT be....how we are trapped in a world that is inefficient at best. Things that appear to be simple and a matter of common sense NEVER are. On a cold day I would have gone to do the stairs (six flights of stairs can make you regain your perspective) but since it is so darn hot I've reached the point when cursing someone out starts to sound like a magnificent idea. I was a good person and bit my tongue instead...therefore my Karma is a lot better as a result.

Today I'm off from work because I want to finalize the prototypes for the cards and work on a few more things but this morning by 5:30 AM I had to take 2 pills because of the breathing issue. I might have to spend my morning off sleeping but it came down to a tough choice...Should I'm trying to be creative but the "nose drugs" have taken over....unfortunately breathing won this battle and I'm fading away fast.

My immediate goal is to be able to wake up at about "noonish" and have the pictures posted in here or at the very least, a tutorial of something :-)

Right now the question remains, to breathe or not to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment